Van Dyck Carpets Pty Ltd is the oldest South African carpet manufacturer, based in Durban, and has been in operation since 1948. Van Dyck Carpets is ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001 approved by the SABS.
Van Dyck Carpets is owned by PFE International which is the holding company of the Zarrebini family. Our shareholders have more than 40 years of international experience in the manufacturing of carpets and fibre and yarn extrusion.
The holding Company has invested more than 80 million Rand over the last years in upstream capital expenditure such as a state-of-the-art fibre extrusion line (by far the biggest in Southern Africa), and also in the upgrading and modernisation of the tufting and needlepunch looms enabling the company to enhance its product offering.
Van Dyck Carpets is the only manufacturer in South Africa that offers all types of soft floor coverings being tufted, needlepunch and woven carpets and many of these are available in broadloom, tiles (DIY, plainback, bitumen backed and Eco-back) and rugs covering both the residential and commercial market.
The company also manufactures a range of rubber underlays branded under the name Eco-Lay and InstaLay. These environmentally “green” underlays are manufactured from post-consumer recycled tyres and are suitable for all kinds of floor coverings (carpets, laminates, vinyl planks, bamboo and wood flooring).
We are also the proud manufactures of wall coverings which we market under the name Wall Expressions. Wall Expressions are made from 100% post-consumer recycled content and can be used as accents on the wall or a ceiling and offer unlimited design flexibility. They are easy to install, clean and maintain, and they help improve indoor air quality and acoustics.
Thanks to an exclusive partnership with Easigrass, the company also offers a comprehensive range of Artificial Grass products suitable for landscape applications.
VISION & MISSION
To be a world-class manufacturer of soft floor coverings as defined by the customers we serve. Van Dyck is an organization that has in its DNA, honesty, integrity, hard work and is committed to enhancing society’s ability to build a sustainable future through environmentally and socially responsible practices.
It is the mission of Van Dyck to provide soft flooring that is affordable, durable and environmentally friendly. We will provide the highest quality possible through our skilled and dedicated employees in accordance with our tradition of high manufacturing standards.
Responsibility – Act as a responsible citizen of the communities in which we operate
Sustainability – Embrace the need for a sustainable society and minimize our impact on the environment
Integrity – Act with uncompromising honesty and integrity
Quality – Satisfy our customers through superior quality and customer service
Diversity – Enhance the diversity of our employees by developing their skills and leadership capabilities
Van Dyck Carpets currently employs around 220 people and complies fully with its Employment Equity Plan that was submitted in October 2012. The company provides ongoing training and offers learnership and textile bursary opportunities for the staff.
Van Dyck has also taken social responsibility to a higher level and continues to support a number of initiatives to make a difference in the lives of those who need help the most.
With the world focus on environmental issues, it is interesting to note that Van Dyck Carpets is amongst the most active and progressive companies addressing these issues.
Below is a list of 10 good reasons to buy a carpet from Van Dyck :
- VDC is a proud member of the Green Building Council of South Africa.
- VDC has an Environmental Management System that ensures responsible manufacturing.
- VDC focuses on the use of recycled materials instead of using virgin material.
- VDC has a comprehensive recycling programme in place.
- All VDC carpets have very low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emission rates, and no formaldehyde is used in our production process
- VDC has a range of Eco-lay underlays, which are made from 100% post-consumer re-cycled rubber and are fully re-cyclable.
- VDC products are known for their superior and lasting performance (lesser replacements minimise the impact on the environment).
- Most VDC products are made locally in Durban SA, reducing the impact of transportation on the environment (as opposed to imported products).
- All Van Dyck carpets have built-in thermal properties assisting the overall thermal comfort of a home or building with reduced energy efforts.
- VDC do not use PVC in any of their products (in line with the PVC minimisation objective).